Charitable Games Tax & License Fees
Primary filing requirements
— Organizations eligible to hold charitable games must submit an application at least 30 days before the event. License fees must be paid when the application is filed. To apply for a license,
- qualifying organizations must file Form RCG-1, Charitable Games Application for License, either electronically through MyTax.illinois.gov or by mail. You must also complete Forms RCG-2, List of Charitable Games Workers, and RCG-10, Diagram of Charitable Games Event Playing
Area. If renewing, complete Form RCG-25, Expenditure of Funds Earned Through Charitable Games. Keep these forms in your records and make them available to us when we request them.
After your have filed Form RCG-1and you need to add or revise a scheduled event, you must complete Form RCG-1-E, Charitable Games, Bingo, or Pull Tabs Events Updates, 30 days before the event. Mail your completed information to the address on the form.
- suppliers must file Form RCG-7, Application for Charitable Games Supplier’s License, either electronically through MyTax.illinois.gov or by mail.
- providers must file Form RB-30, Provider of Premises License Application, either electronically through MyTax.illinois.gov or by mail.
Equipment ownership permit and annual report — When applying for the equipment ownership permit, organizations must file Form RCG-9, Application or Annual Report for Charitable Games Equipment Ownership Permit, either electronically through MyTax.illinois.gov or by mail.
Organizations must complete a report each year for the charitable games equipment they own on Form RCG-9. Keep the report in your records and make it available to us when we request it.
- You must file a separate return, Form RCG-18, Charitable Games Tax Return, for each event. File your return within 30 days of the event either electronically through MyTax.illinois.gov or by mail.
- Complete but do not submit Form RCG-32, Charitable Games Event Workers Attendance List, with Form RCG-18. Keep it in your records and make it available to us when we request it.